by Danny Stokes, Vice President, Advanced Roofing
The holiday season is a great time to give your community’s roof(s) a little tender loving care. Check out the seven roofing tips below. Performing this roof maintenance can help your roof system to stay strong in the upcoming year.
- Remove all debris off of your roof. Since it hardly rains this time of year, the debris you remove will stay off for a while.
- Ensure your gutters are clean of debris and water is properly flowing into downspouts.
- Trim trees back so the branches don’t reach your roof. Do this to slow down the growth of algae, mold, and fungus.
- Mark or replace missing, defective, or dislodged slip sheets and protective covers, HVAC components, and pipe covers.
- Inspect the ceiling inside your building for signs of active leaks that have not yet been addressed. Record their locations and get them fixed immediately.
- Schedule a professional check up with your roofing company to ensure everything is in tip-top shape.
- Consider giving back to Mother Earth this holiday season with a new white/reflective roof system that can save you up to 20% off your buildings energy usage. Learn more about these new roof systems here.
When was the last time your community association performed the roof maintenance listed above? If it has been a while, now is a great time of year to take care of your roof. Let us know in the comment section below if your community is using the new reflective roof system and how you like it.