LED street and area lighting are practical and inexpensive ways to bring all the advantages of LED lighting to your community.
Traditional street lights and parking lot lights can present many financial and operational challenges for HOAs and condos. Not only do they need to complement the neighborhood, but they require 24/7 maintenance services to ensure a continuous sense of safety and security.
Florida Power & Light (FPL) recently announced a new program to help cities, towns and community associations transition to LED street lights, regardless of whether the lights are owned by FPL or the local government or association. The fees related to the transition can be incorporated into your light bill via a “tariff” that effectively finances the conversion process.
LED lighting can be used in roadways, streets, and as area lighting.
Benefits of LED:
- Energy Efficient and Cost Effective – Reduced carbon footprint and lower energy bills. Energy savings average between 25% – 50%.
- Longer Service Life – LED lights can last up to 10 times longer than traditional lights.
- Better Light Distribution – Less light wasted equals less light needed.
- High Quality Color Rendition – Color, lines and objects are easier to distinguish; improves visibility and safety. Improved visibility for pedestrians and traffic.
- More Dependable Fixtures – Fewer outages and lower maintenance costs.
- Greater Variety – More choices to address diverse needs. Control over light color and intensity.
This can improve your communities by providing better quality light, improved safety, new fixtures and bringing light to areas that are currently poorly illuminated. This alternative will also be cost efficient and save your community money in the long-run.
With the help of FPL, making this change may be easier than before.
For more information regarding how FPL can help with your new or existing LED Lighting, please call 1-844-4FPL-LED (1-844-437-5533) or email LEDLightingSolutions@fpl.com.
You can also contact Christian Pruitt at 561-386-5761 or Christian.Pruitt@FPL.com.
by Dan Tiernan, COO, Campbell Property Management