We recently held an educational webinar with Jeffrey Rembaum from Kaye Bender Rembaum to discuss electronic voting in community associations.
The webinar covered:
- What is electronic voting?
- What the association must do before having an electronic vote or election
- How an association can facilitate electronic voting in condos and HOAs
- The pros/cons of electronic voting
- and more!
In a poll conducted at the start of the webinar, about 50 of the 250 webinar participants mentioned they had used an electronic voting solution. The remaining 80% are planning to use an electronic voting solution in 2023. 33 of the participants reported the specific electronic voting solution they used.
The mostly frequently used solutions in order were:
- HOAst - 8 votes
- ONR App - 6 votes
- Becker Ballot - 4 votes
- VoteHOANow - 4 votes
- GetQuorum - 3 votes
- Inspector of Elections - 2 votes
- Simply Voting - 2 votes
- BuildingBoard from Buildinglink, Election Buddy, EVoteMax and EZ Vote - Each Received 1 vote
Four Additional Tips:
- Include a copy of previous meeting's minutes and include a line on the ballot for a vote to approve them.
- Include a line item on the ballot to approve the opportunity to continue the meeting to a time/date/place no later than 90 days from the date of the meeting.
- Remove nominations from the floor if you have them in your governing documents.
- When providing the opportunity for electronic voting, also provide the opportunity for the members to opt in to receive official communications from the association via email.
Disclaimer: This video is for educational purposes only. You will not receive credits for watching the recording. Credits were issued only to those that attended the course.