This is the third in a series of posts that will include short excerpts covering the above topics and more from the full video recording of the round table discussion.
In this week’s video, the discussion is focused on: Overcoming owner concerns regarding the switch from self-management to professional management.
Many residents from the three associations had reservations about no longer being self-managed. Some even indicated that they would never live in a building that was managed by a professional management company, while others were afraid of change and increased costs. The three Presidents effectively eased those owner concerns by respecting and listening to the owner concerns and presenting the benefits of professional management which included:
- Reduced cost through a variety of methods that varied from building to building,
- Improved and more friendly support and service for owners and guests, and
- An increased level of control, due to better visibility and clarity regarding the state of building operations and finances.
To lean more, please click the play button below to watch: "Overcoming Owner Concerns - Self-Management to Professional Management."
To read the fourth post in this series, titled "Process Improvement - Self-Management to Professional Management Transformation Series", click here.
About this Series:
We recently had the pleasure of hosting a round table discussion with three Presidents of Condominium Associations in South Florida who moved from self-management to professional management with Campbell Property Management.
The three hi-rises we hosted were:
- Seagate Towers in Delray Beach
- Sky Harbour East in Fort Lauderdale
- The Carlton in Boca Raton
All three started with Campbell in 2019, so we thought it would be great to check in two years later and discuss the transformation they each experienced over the first two years of professional management with Campbell Property Management.
The round table discussion covered various topics including:
- The reason for considering the change from self-management to professional management
- The selection process
- Overcoming objections from owners
- Changes in management and services
- How their role as a Board Member has changed
A video of the full panel discussion (approximately 45 minutes) can be watched here.